CHILD SAFETY POLICY
Camperdown Theatre Company (CTC) is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Everyone volunteering or undertaking paid work at Camperdown Theatre Company is responsible for the care and protection of children and reporting information about child abuse.
The purpose of this policy is
1. To facilitate the prevention of child abuse occurring within Camperdown Theatre Company.
2. To work towards an organisational culture of child safety.
3. To ensure that all involved with the CTC are aware of their responsibilities for identifying possible occasions for child abuse and for establishing controls and procedures for preventing such abuse and/or detecting such abuse when it occurs.
4. To provide guidance to CTC volunteers and contractors as to action that should be taken where they suspect any abuse within or outside of the organisation.
5. To provide a clear statement to CTC volunteers and contractors forbidding any such abuse.
6. To provide assurance that any and all suspected abuse will be reported and fully investigated.
Camperdown Theatre Company is committed to promoting and protecting the best interests of children and young people involved in its productions. We want children and young people to be safe, happy and empowered.
All children, regardless of their gender, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation, or family or social background, have equal rights to protection from abuse.
Camperdown Theatre Company has zero tolerance for child abuse.
Everyone working with us is responsible for the care and protection of the children and young people within our care and reporting information about suspected child abuse. We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about the safety of a child or young person.
Child protection is a shared responsibility between the CTC committee, volunteers, contractors, associates, and members of the Camperdown Theatre Company community.
Camperdown Theatre Company will consider the opinions of children and young people and use these opinions to review child safety policies and procedures.
Camperdown Theatre Company supports and respects all children, staff and volunteers. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, and those from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children living with a disability.
It is a requirement of our Company that all people undertaking a leadership role (as a director or head of department) within our organisation hold a current Victorian Working with Children Check.
If any person believes a child is in immediate risk of abuse, telephone 000.